The list started in the shower. I really love having a shower, because I love feeling clean and I also exercise a lot! Anyway, I was thinking: “Fu*k, I love the feeling of hot water on my skin”, which got me thinking about all the other sensations I love to feel. Things that make me feel really, really good.
What surprised me most was that so many of them can be done during lockdown – which I am currently in in Sydney.
And because we all need to feel good right now, I thought I’d share them. It’s a gentle reminder that what makes us feel good really doesn’t take that much.
Things that make me feel really damn good:
- A hot shower.
- Getting into clean bed sheets.
- The feeling when you finish a big day of training and you’re so exhausted but also buzzing.
- Belly laughter – when it’s almost uncontrollable and you can’t even breathe.
- Brushing my teeth.
- When my heartrate spikes doing high intensity exercise.
- The feeling after shaving my legs or having laser.
- When my abs feel sore the day after core.
- Falling asleep in the sun.
- Waking up from a nap when you’ve dribbled.
- Jumping in the ocean.
- Walking on the beach in the evening when the sand is cold.
- Being somewhere that you shouldn’t and the adrenaline of maybe getting caught. (No, this is not referring to lockdown FYI 😉)
- Riding my bike super-fast down the hill.
- Sending an unexpected gift to someone.
- Receiving a genuine compliment.
- Running when it feels light/free/flying!
- Getting to the toilet when you’ve been so bursting you were literally about to sh*t yourself in public!
- Being the perfect amount of drunk… where you are floating but not yet throwing up.
- When you’ve yelled out in frustration. I recently screamed at my neighbors for playing music till 4am every night. I truly felt fantastic afterwards.
- On the flipside… blasting music so loud I can’t hear myself think.
- Waking up truly refreshed after a good night of sleep.
- Having a cold fizzy drink when you’re super hot and dehydrated.
- Running in new shoes.
- Taking a risk.
- When you try something you’ve never done before. I recently started boxing and I’m hooked!
- Writing down things that make you feel really, really good! Give it a try.