We’re sharing this Elderflower Spritz cocktail recipe to add a little extra sizzle to your next hike. This is the perfect drink for the end of a long hike as you set up camp by a bubbling brook, or… ya know… to spice up your Friday night in lockdown.
Not all magic moments involve staring out across pink oceans from a spectacular cliff top as dusky peach clouds dance around a full moon.
You can get a similar level of bubble by whipping up a delicious nutritious cocktail as you huddle around the camp stove cooking dinner in the wild.
As a risk management strategy, we recommend consuming no more than one standard drink if you’re on a clifftop.
Makes 1 cocktail
- One lemon bursting with Vitamin C
- One tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 dessert spoon boiling water
- 30 mL St Germain elderflower liqueur (Elderflower has Vitamin C plus antioxidant, antispetic, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties.)
- 15ml gin
- 120mL prosecco or soda water
1. At home, make sugar syrup by dissolving sugar in boiling water. Squeeze lemon and decant both into a wide-mouthed water bottle
2. At your location, add sugar syrup, elderflower liqueur and gin to wine glass, top with soda water/prosecco.
3. Add ice if you’re near home.
Tips: If you are making this elderflower spritz cocktail on an overnight hike, we recommend you make your lemon and syrup mixture at camp.
And if you enjoyed this one, try our Healthy Gin Cocktail, it’ll put a spring in your step!