I’m fussy when it comes to cocktails. They can’t be too sweet, they can’t be too strong, and they can’t be too complicated, because the sun sets too quickly and I’d rather be enjoying golden hour on a clifftop than muddling limes in my kitchen. If it’s a healthy gin cocktail… well, bonus points for that!
This cocktail, named ‘The Bella’ because my fiancée Cal made it for me and I’m indulgent, is simply perfect. A little bit sweet, a little bit fruity, loaded with Vitamin C and easy on the eyes!
I hope you love it.
– 30ml rhubarb gin (or regular gin)
– 20ml St Germain Elderflower liqueur
– Juice of half a pink grapefruit
– Juice of half a lime
– Garnish with fresh mint sprig (Cal informs me this is a crucial step, not to be missed!)
1. Combine gin, liqueur, and juices in a cocktail shaker (or mason jar) with plenty of ice, and shake vigorously.
2. Strain into a rocks glass with fresh ice.
3. Add garnish and enjoy responsibly!
Note: Cal makes it this fancy way in the cocktail shaker. I just put everything in the glass with ice and drink it.
I hope you enjoy this healthy gin cocktail as much as I do!