Cal's Pumpkin and Coconut Curry
This recipe comes from a Wild Man in our community, and it is truly EPIC. Full of flavour, packed with nutrition and even better the next day, it's the perfect Sunday arvo meal prep recipe. Enjoy!
- Half a pumpkin or sweet potato (whatever type you prefer)
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 knob grated ginger
- 1 knob grated turmeric
- Bunch of coriander
- Soy sauce
- 2 cups of stock (any sort will work)
- 2 cans beans (butter, kidney, cannelini... whatever you've got)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato puree
- Paprika (about 1 tsp)
- Curry powder (about 1 tsp)
- Cumin (about 1 tsp)
- Cayenne pepper (about 1 tsp)
- 1 can coconut cream
- Olive oil
- Greek yoghurt (with probiotics)
- Brown rice
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Chop the pumpkin into cubes, drizzle with olive oil and put into the oven to roast.
3. In a large pot, add onion, garlic (crushed or chopped), ginger, turmeric and coriander stalks (finely chopped) to some olive oil to soften.
4. Add spices and stir until aromatic.
5. Add soy sauce (about 1/4 cup) and stock, then beans (drained) and stir.
6. Add tomatoes and tomato paste and let it all simmer around for a while.
7. When the pumpkin is cooked and the curry is bubbling away, remove the pumpkin from the oven and add it to the pot and mush it all together.
8. Add a can of coconut cream and coriander leaves and stir through. (If it's not salty enough, add more soy here!)
Serve with brown rice and greek yoghurt.
Got an epic recipe you'd like to share? Send it to us! Please email sophia [at] wildwomenontop.com.