This simple ratatouille recipe from Wild Woman Emily is guaranteed to warm up those colder spring nights! Snuggle up with one of these adventure films and enjoy!
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red capsicum
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 brown onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- Half a bunch basil & stalks finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 190degrees.
- Blitz tomatoes in a food processor to a frothy pulp, dice the rest of the veggies into 2cm chunks
- In a large frypan, cook zucchini and capsicum in a good lug of oil for 5 minutes on medium-high until starting to brown, then add eggplant and cook until soft but not cooked through.
- Transfer to an oven proof dish. In the same frypan add the chopped onion and basil stalks, cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and oregano and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Pour in tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and simmer on med-low for 15 minutes or until slightly reduced and sweet.
- Pour over the veggies and toss until combined.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until reduced and caramelised.
- Top with the fresh basil and serve with crusty bread.
We hope you enjoy this ratatouille recipe. Got a recipe to share? Come and join us in the Wild Women Community.