Cosying up in bed with a nice warm cuppa always does the job of sending you off to dreamland, so why not drink something that will benefit your health at the same time? I love this turmeric latte recipe because it’s caffeine free, tastes delicious, packs a serious health punch (turmeric has great anti-inflammatory properties) and helps to boost my immune system.
It’s the perfect creamy drink to make part of your nighttime routine.
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 thumb-size knob of fresh ginger, grated
- Quarter teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Pinch of black pepper
- Add turmeric, ginger, vanilla, cinnamon, and black pepper to a cup with a dash of boiling water and let brew for 5 minutes.
- Strain into a cup.
- After straining, add your cold milk, heat in the microwave for 90 seconds, then stir through honey.
- Sip before drifting off into sleep!
Note: you can also make this on the stovetop. Simple combine all ingredients in a small saucepan, heat, and then strain before drinking.