You’ll love these delicious bliss balls, which are packed full of love and nutrition to keep you healthy and happy. They are a perfect, portable snack for wilderness hikes, long-haul adventures, school lunches or Coastrek Event Day.
- 500gm pitted dates
- 1 cup roast pepitas
- 1 cup roast sunflower seeds
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup roasted shredded coconut plus ¼ cup for sprinkling
- 1 cup raw cacao
- ¼ – ½ cup extra strong fresh espresso coffee
- 2½ cups roast nuts (almonds, brazil nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts or macadamias, plus slivered almonds)
- ¼ cup roast buckwheat
- Desiccated coconut, finely chopped nuts or cacao (to coat)
Pile all dry ingredients except half the nuts into a food processor and blend finely. Add espresso gradually and mix until it’s a sticky, doughy blob; not gloopy. Add remaining nuts and massage in. Shape mixture into balls and cover in desiccated coconut, finely chopped nuts or cacao. Store in freezer and enjoy this delicious nutritious power food in moderation!