This chocolate and macadamia bark is a delicious, nutrient dense snack for wilderness adventures or a nourishing after dinner treat (you could try Cal’s delicious Pumpkin and Coconut Curry!). It will both satisfy your chocolate craving and make you feel great… all those antioxidants!
Plus, it’s super easy to make. These ingredients can be found at your local healthfood store or if you have one of those fully stocked supermarkets (lucky you!) you can find most of these there.
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 2-3 tablespoons raw honey
- 400g roasted macadamias (or nuts of your choice)
- Vanilla extract (optional)
1. Melt the cacao butter in a double boiler on low heat (the lower the better, as heat can destroy the nutritional benefits of cacao + honey). Once melted remove from heat, add the honey and stir. Then add cacao and vanilla and whisk until completely combined.
2. Pour into a large, flat tray (I used an oven dish) covered with baking paper. The goal is to make the chocolate mixture less than 1cm thick. Sprinkle nuts all over chocolate.
3. Put in fridge for 2 hours or until completely solid.
4. Break into pieces, and enjoy now or store in a fridge/freezer-safe container and enjoy this delicious chocolate macadamia bark at a later date.
Remember, it is nice to share this treat with the girls on the trail but we understand that some days you may want to keep all this deliciousness to yourself!