This chocolate and macadamia bark is a delicious, nutrient dense snack for wilderness adventures or a nourishing after dinner treat (you could try Cal’s delicious Pumpkin and Coconut Curry!). It will both satisfy your chocolate craving and make you feel great… all those antioxidants!
Plus, it’s super easy to make.
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 2-3 tablespoons raw honey
- 400g roasted macadamias (or nuts of your choice)
- Vanilla extract (optional)
1. Melt the cacao butter in a double boiler on low heat (the lower the better, as heat can destroy the nutritinal benefits of cacao + honey). Once melted remove from heat, add the honey and stir. Then add cacao and vanilla and whisk until completely combined.
2. Pour into a large, flat tray (I used an oven dish) covered with baking paper. The goal is to make the chocolate mixture less that 1cm thick. Sprinkle nuts all over chocolate.
3. Put in fridge for 2 hours or until completely solid.
4. Break into peices.
5. Store in fridge or freezer and enjoy this delicious chocolate macadamia bark.