Not all magic moments involve staring out across pink oceans from a spectacular cliff top as dusky peach clouds dance around a full moon. You can get a similar level of bubble by whipping up a delicious nutritious cocktail as you huddle around the camp stove cooking dinner in the wild. Keep reading to find out more about our mouthwatering clifftop cocktail also known as an Elderflower Spritz.
To celebrate World Cocktail Day, we’re sharing this Elderflower Spritz recipe to add a little extra sizzle to your next hike. This is the perfect drink for the end of a long hike as you set up camp by a bubbling brook.
As a risk management strategy, we recommend consuming no more than one standard drink if you’re on a clifftop 😉
Here’s what you need to make the wonderous clifftop cocktail, Elderflower Spritz.
Makes 1 cocktail
- One lemon bursting with Vitamin C
- One teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 dessert spoon boiling water
- 30 mL St Germain elderflower liqueur (Elderflower has Vitamin C plus antioxidant, antiseptic, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties.)
- 15ml gin
- 120mL prosecco or soda water
- At home, make sugar syrup by dissolving sugar in boiling water. Squeeze lemon and decant both into a wide-mouthed water bottle
- At your location, add sugar syrup, elderflower liqueur and gin to wine glass, top with soda water/prosecco.
- Add ice if you’re near home.
Tips: If you are making this on an overnight hike, we recommend you make your lemon and syrup mixture at camp.