Full Time: 37.5 hours (FTE) per week. Flexible working negotiable.
Salary: $$-$$ Negotiable based on experience + super + employee benefits
Location: Brookvale (Sydney), NSW Australia, hybrid. We offer flexible hybrid working, please only apply if you’ll also love working in our Sydney-based office a couple of days a week.
This is a NEWLY CREATED role, driven by the expansion our Coastrek event series. Reporting to the General Manager, we are looking for an experienced and super organised operations all-rounder, to support and manage the day to day running of the business.
Wild Women On Top create community hiking adventures that help women fall in love with fitness. We create Coastrek, Australia’s most iconic hiking challenge for women, which journeys along some of the most spectacular coastlines in the world. We also prepare women for life changing adventures and partner with like-minded brands to reach out boldly and cultivate magic moments that inspire. Adventure, women’s empowerment, community, health, and love of nature are at the heart of everything we do.
Through Coastrek we’ve inspired and empowered over 70,000 women to walk the stunning coastal trails and beaches of Sydney, the Mornington Peninsula, the Sunshine Coast, the Fleurieu Peninsula and Margaret River, and our community has raised more than $48 million dollars for charity.
We’re a small team making a big impact, turning traditional health and fitness on its head to achieve our vision of a healthier world where all women thrive.
We need someone who:
- Believes in business as a force for good
- Is excited at the idea of purpose leading profit
- Shares our key values of adventure, connection, vitality, and natureHas expertise in events operations and team leadership
- Leads with positivity, empathy, and kindness
- Is a creative problem solver with a can-do attitude
- Thrives on constantly evolving, learning, and growing
- Believes in growth and sustainability
- Is fantastic at working independently and efficiently
We’re looking for someone who wants to inspire, elevate, and support a team. Sound like you?
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the General Manager in the running of day-to-day operations and administration
- Working with leadership team, to support business & growth strategy
- Overseeing logistics and event production
- Implementing HR function, team development and recruitment
- Managing legal, risk, IT, compliance and WHS
- Overseeing partnerships and service providers
- Implementing business & growth strategy
What your CV looks like:
- 10 years full time work experience
- You’ve set up or developed a small business.
- You have demonstrated exceptional strategic implementation skills and reached planned targets.
- Proven project management skills
- A good understanding of finance – experience running your own balance sheet, whether that’s been running your own department or your own business.
- Operations, IT systems, process, mass events and marketing experience
- Passion for women’s health, fitness and wellbeing, community, nature and social purpose
- You’ve led and developed a team before
- Experience in social purpose/charity/not for profit enterprises
- Managed stakeholders
- Set up and improved internal processes and digital systems.
- Bonus points if you’ve got events platform design experience.
- Brownie points if you’ve had awesome life experience.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications
We are so excited to be seeking the right person to develop this amazing opportunity.
If you think you’ve got what it takes send your resume, and a cover letter of no more than 250 words on why you’re our dream Operations Manager to [email protected]
Detailed Job Description:
Working closely with the General Manager, the Operations Manager provides leadership to deliver on all operational implementation of the strategic plan. The Operations Manager will take overall responsibility for all administrative functions of the Coastrek events and supporting the team in the implementation of all aspects of our Vision, Mission and Purpose, including the strategic plan encompassing people, culture, finance, IT, legal, partnerships, risk management, marketing and community building.
Reports to the General Manager.
Coastrek Event Director, Corporate and Partnerships Manager, Customer Service Manager, Data and IT Specialist.
(Team of approx 20 Full time and Part Time)
General Roles and Responsibilities
- Supports and cultivates an optimistic, healthy, happy, motivating culture of co-operation, commitment, communication, problem solving and wellbeing.
- Directly ensures the achievement of the company objectives by supporting the implementing the annual agreed strategy, primarily to deliver the goals of the Coastrek events in Australia.
- Provides input on the business initiatives and business development, in consultation with the General Manager and leadership group, in the development of strategic objectives and budgets.
- Ensures the team works efficiently and effectively in continuing to provide outstanding customer service and Coastrek experiences to drive efficiency, excellence, revenue and growth
- Responsible for operations and implementation of company initiatives
- Manages, administers and provides leadership on people and culture in close cooperation with the General Manager to ensure productivity and staff retention.
- Fosters a strong and effective working association with partners and stakeholders, including but not limited to, the charity partner
- Resolves challenges within the business thoughtfully and expeditiously.
- Demonstrates passion for the Vision, Mission and purpose and the expression of the brand in the market.
Skills and competencies
- Be the ultimate generalist and support to the General Manager across all aspects of the business and an ability to get things done.
- Great operational, planning and implementation skills
- Sound financial skills
- Amazing leadership and communication skills
- Support the daily, weekly, monthly and annual operations of the business including supporting the achievement of budgets, development of systems, processes, IT & office support
- Ensure best practice risk, legal, contractual and financial compliance and management
People and Culture
- Coordinate and manage HR day to day including team goals and HR admin.
- Nurture and support team culture, policies and procedures on how to be a Wild Women On Top in our hybrid working environment
- Manage administrative and operational processes for the onboarding and offboarding of employees including set up for remote working
- Organise and manage logistics for team events such as regular team meetings, Wild Women on Top activities
- Build professional development opportunities for the team
- Manage procurement processes for office equipment and supplies, in line with budget
- Lead the development and maintenance of best practice business processes and policies to support business objectives
- Manage company support services- eg: phone, car hire
Advisory Board Support
- Maintain the schedule of board meetings and prepare / distribute agendas
- Arrange for all logistics for board meetings including any travel requirements
- Coordinate the collation of board papers and distribute to board members
- Manage operational reporting to the Advisory Board, including ensuring quality and consistency of input, and staff contribution.
- Research, identify and implement comprehensive initiatives, including business cases, to the General Manager that continue to grow our communities, revenue, profits and reach from all services, experiences and goods.
- Ensure a business growth mindset and innovation to support and deliver The Strategic Plan
- Deliver exceptional IT and operations to serve the brand and customers in a fast paced technologically savvy environment.
- Create, nurture and maintain personal relationships and cooperative arrangements with stakeholders that underpin the achievement of Wild Women On Top’s mission.
- General ad-hoc related tasks as required in a small business
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience as a startup, small business Operations Manager or equivalent and wanting career growth.
- Ability to deliver strategic implementation with social entrepreneurial spirit.
- Has demonstrated success in managing larger scale events and/or social purpose businesses and proven ability to inspire consensus around the business’s objectives.
- Passion for women’s health, fitness and wellbeing, community, nature, and social purpose
- Is an effective team leader and motivator with the ability to set clear priorities, delegate, foster positive feedback culture
- Demonstrates proactive problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making at all levels.
- Has sound knowledge of partnerships, fundraising and adventure events
- Maintains a strong commitment to the professional development, workplace health and wellbeing of the team.
Education and Training
- Relevant Tertiary Degree and /or equivalent, relevant work experience
- Operational and industry experience in mass events, health, fitness, travel, charity and/or wellbeing community programs
- Healthy workplace and culture of cooperation and excellence.
- Supported education, training and travel opportunities.
- Event weekend package benefits.
- Flexible work hours and leave arrangements.