Role: 37.5 hours per week (Full Time)
Location: Brookvale, Sydney NSW (Hybrid). We offer flexible hybrid working, please only apply if you’ll also love working in our Sydney-based office!
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Wild Women On Top create community hiking adventures that help women fall in love with fitness. We create Coastrek, Australia’s most iconic hiking challenge for women, which journeys along some of the most spectacular coastlines in the world. We also prepare women for life changing adventures and partner with like-minded brands to reach out boldly and cultivate magic moments that inspire. Adventure, women’s empowerment, community, health, and love of nature are at the heart of everything we do.
Through Coastrek we’ve inspired and empowered over 70,000 women to walk the stunning coastal trails and beaches of Sydney, the Mornington Peninsula, the Sunshine Coast, the Fleurieu Peninsula and Margaret River, and our community has raised more than $48 million dollars for charity.
We’re a small team making a big impact, turning traditional health and fitness on its head to achieve our vision of a healthier world where all women thrive.
About the Role
You will join an energetic, passionate team whose mission is to connect, coach and champion women in the outdoors.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, energetic Marketing Assistant to support our kick-ass team! This is a wildly varied role with the opportunity to gain a breadth of experience and grow and stretch yourself every day.
Ideally you’ll have some marketing experience, as well as an understanding of digital and social media, content creation, and website CMS. You’ll also need a ‘can-do’ attitude, love working with a fast-moving creative team, and be willing to get down and dirty with a few house-keeping jobs and marketing admin. An optimistic, enthusiastic willingness to learn is essential.
You will have fun, work hard to deadlines, have awesome organisational skills, strive to be the best you can be and maintain a good work/life balance. You will also benefit from our optimistic vibrant culture, flexible and supportive work environment which will focus on helping you achieve your career goals with us.
This position will involve out-of-hours events and activities. You will be notified of this beforehand where possible.
You will report to the Content & Social Media Manager.
- Help maintain and update the social media and content calendar, with opportunities to support the planning and ideas for social media content.
- Editing/updating content in Canva
- Assist with editing and publishing content across digital platforms including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, email etc.
- Schedule social media posts
- Assist in campaign planning and execution of brand campaigns across all digital channels for all brand products and services.
- Assist with website updates & content uploads.
- Assist with online listings to promote Coastrek and other Wild Women On Top Events
- Coordinate promotional materials
- Organise printing & distribution of collateral such as banners/corflutes and posters in each state during lead gen phase of campaigns and liaising with required councils
- Assisting with building EDMs/newsletters.
- Assisting with daily community management in Facebook groups and social media DMs
- Assisting with regular reporting on marketing activity including social media, EDM and blogs.
- Event Day Woohoo tent stock organisation pre-event day + post-event stocktakes
- Organising marketing boxes in storage and making sure everything is stocked, prepped, organised and clean before Event Day
- Assist with planning Event Day activations and set up, including site checks and signage checks as needed.
- Help coordinate photographers and film crews
- Assist with managing our inhouse image/video library including maintaining categories & tags, file structure, new images etc. Specifically, coordinate Event photography & video drop into inhouse image/video library
- Load Event photos into GeoSnapShot post-event for trekker access
- General marketing administration support including packing & posting orders received through our online store, packing & postage or prizes, ordering print collateral and getting quotes.
- 1- 2 years’ experience in digital content creation, and/or marketing preferred. Training will be provided in our systems and marketing tools for the right candidate.
- Marketing or relevant qualifications in progress or recently completed preferred.
- Ability to get to know & understand the Wild Women On Top and Coastrek brands and be able to express them.
- High energy, initiative and positive can-do attitude
- The commitment to have fun and a genuine drive to uplift and empower women.
- Strong computer and problem-solving skills.
- Desire to learn, listen, initiate and communicate effectively.
- Be self-motivated and hungry to make an impact and add value.
- Editing, social media, website and software skills.
- Confidence using social media platforms
- Ability to quickly grasp the latest technology and support those around you as needed.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be available to work some weekends and evenings aligning to our event calendar (this may involve interstate travel)
- Valid driver’s license
- Right to live and work in Australia
At Wild Women On Top you’ll enjoy:
- The chance to work with an awesome team committed to making a difference
- Healthy workplace and culture of cooperation and excellence
- Supported education. training and travel opportunities
- Event weekend package benefits
- Flexible work hours, and leave arrangements
Send your CV together with a cover letter (one page max please!) outlining why you are the Marketing Assistant of our dreams to our Marketing Director Sasha Reid. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.