Role: Full Time preferred, PT negotiable for the right person
Location: Brookvale, Sydney NSW with flexible, hybrid WFH opportunities
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Wild Women On Top create community hiking adventures that help women fall in love with fitness. We create Coastrek, Australia’s most iconic hiking challenge for women, which journeys along some of the most spectacular coastlines in the world. We also prepare women for life changing adventures and partner with like-minded brands to reach out boldly and cultivate magic moments that inspire. Adventure, women’s empowerment, community, health, and love of nature are at the heart of everything we do.
Through Coastrek we’ve inspired and empowered over 64,000 women to walk the stunning coastal trails and beaches of Sydney, the Mornington Peninsula, the Sunshine Coast, the Fleurieu Peninsula and Margaret River, and our community has raised more than $46 million dollars for charity.
We’re a small team making a big impact, turning traditional health and fitness on its head to achieve our vision of a healthier world where all women thrive.
About the Role
We are looking for a wildly energetic, experienced Content & Social Media Manager to join us in an exciting role that combines the best of content creation, social media marketing and community building to support our growth plans and get more women outdoors hiking together in nature!
If you are an innovative content creator who’s social media-savvy and will relish the task of creating content that delights our audiences, we’d love to hear from you! You will develop and oversee our social media strategy and content plans, designing & delivering captivating content and campaigns that bring Coastrek and the Wild Women On Top brand to life. You will be proactively enhancing our brand image, building brand awareness, growing audiences, and generating leads. You will also plan, develop and implement brand and content marketing plans to drive brand awareness, demand and audience growth. You will be responsible for delivering an exceptional brand experience across digital platforms that translates authentically to our on-ground events.
An excellent understanding of content and social media marketing, multi-channel campaigns, emerging media formats, and an enthusiastic willingness to learn is essential. You’ll have a proven track record of creating engaging content and strong campaign creative. Most importantly, you will have fun, work hard to deadlines, have awesome organizational skills, strive to be the best you can be and maintain a good work/life balance. You will also benefit from our optimistic vibrant culture, flexible hours and supportive work environment which will focus on helping you achieve your goals with us.
This position will involve out-of-hours events and activities. You will be notified of this beforehand where possible.
You will report directly to the Marketing Director, with one direct report (the Marketing Coordinator – Content & Social)
- Work with the Marketing Director to develop, manage and champion our brands
- Develop and execute integrated digital marketing campaigns to support brand and lead generation targets as well as generate ‘brand pull’
- Take responsibility for the quality of creative work across all channels, including print design, video, photography, blog articles and social media creative.
- Write/edit copy across all channels (internal and external) to ensure a coherent ‘brand voice’.
- Own the Brand Guidelines (including purpose, tone-of-voice, look-and-feel, master assets, trademarks, business awards) and maximise the brands iconic and unique images & video.
- Manage day-to-day execution of Wild Women On Top and Coastrek’s social channels (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn)
- Maintain & manage our inhouse image/video library
- Creating dazzling campaign creative that captures the imagination of customers and prospects and leaves a lasting impression, as well as achieving campaign objectives.
- Plan, develop and execute the content strategy – including website, newsletter, blogs and more.
- Plan, develop and execute content/asset creation including briefing, creating and editing photos, video, graphics, copy, blogs, Ebooksm, enewsletters etc.
- Plan, develop and execute our social media strategy including posting, amplifying, monitoring, optimizing and community management across relevant social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Linkedin, Pinterest and more.
- Plan, develop and execute our community management strategy to deliver a quality brand experience that deepens engagement
- Plan, develop and execute social campaigns to generate engagement and amplify reach during ‘boots-on-the-ground’ events.
- Manage and coordinate content collaborators
- Work closely with Digital Manager, PR Manager and Corporate & Partnerships Manager to align social media plans with key activity, promotions and partnership deliverables
- Tracking, optimizationg and regular reporting back to the business
- Manage and coordinate with content collaborators including Event Day video and photography
- Manage and support Marketing Assistant to execute content & social media strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in Communications, Journalism or Marketing
- Five+ years’ experience in editing, content creation and marketing, ideally in outdoors/adventure, health & fitness, fundraising or a related industry
- Design/editing skills, Adobe Suite preferred
- Experience with tools such as Later, Canva, AirTable, Campaign Monitor and ability to quickly grasp the latest technology
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional understanding of social media for business
- Self-motivated with creative flair and commercial awareness
- To be able to work at pace and to deadlines, prioritise workload and maintain accuracy at all times.
- You must have proven abilities in being a team player.
- As a brand ambassador you will have a passion for women’s health and fitness and the Wild Women On Top brand Mission and Vision.
- The commitment to have fun and a genuine drive to uplift and empower women.
- Be available to work some weekends and evenings aligning to our event calendar (this may involve interstate travel)
- Valid driver’s license
- Right to live and work in Australia.
At Wild Women On Top you’ll enjoy:
- The chance to work with an awesome team committed to making a difference
- Healthy workplace and culture of cooperation and excellence.
- Supported education and training opportunities.
- Event weekend package benefits.
- Flexible work hours and leave arrangements.
Send your CV together with a cover letter (one page max please!) outlining why you are our wildest dream candidate to our Marketing Director Sasha Reid by 31 May 2023.