Weird Walking Tips
By Di Westaway | CEO WIld Women on Top and Sydney Coastrek
Di Westaway's top weird walking tips to help you have more fun!
- Put Vaseline or Paw Paw ointment in your nipples, cracks and crevices to prevent chaffing!
- Wear leather boots underwater and dry while walking to wear in & prevent blisters
- Lace up boots with an over knot at the front of the ankle to avoid losing toe nails on long descents
- Wear a pair of nylon women’s stocking socks under your walking socks to prevent friction blisters
- Putting your bottle of wine close to your lower back when you pack your pack your Valentine’s day picnic makes it more comfortable
- Use trekking poles to prevent sausage fingers on long walks
- Get yourself a pair of swimmable undies so you can jump in for a dip any time you’re out walking
- Find out if you’re a floppy or stiffy so you know how to get balanced to prevent injuries on long walks
- Strong bottoms & strong tummies will help prevent injury on long walks – body weight exercise like yoga and Physiocise can help with this
- Going down stairs diagonally reduces knee stress & pain