Warm Up With This Nourishing Hot Chocolate Recipe
With the days getting shorter and cooler, now is the perfect time of year to curl up on the couch with a hot cup of cocoa to get a good dose of chocolate goodness.
This recipe is a beautiful way to satisfy your sweet tooth while nourishing your body. The main ingredient is cacao, which is full of antioxidents, protecting the body from ageing and disease caused by free radicals. It is also rich in magnesium, which supports the nervous system, and sulfur, which is great for skin, hair and nails.
Plus, it's rich, creamy and will make you feel amazing! It's the perfect chocolatey treat.
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1 teaspoon of maca powder
- A couple drops of vanilla essence (or half a vanilla bean, split and scraped)
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of milk (I like oat, coconut or macadamia, but you can use any milk you like)
- Maple syrup or honey, to taste
- A tablespoon of nut butter, if you're feeling frisky and want it to be extra filling
Add milk to a saucepan and begin to warm.
Add cacao, maca, vanilla and cinnamon and stir through until mixed and heated. Add nut butter.
Add sweetener to taste.
If you can be bothered (or if you added nut butter), blend with a stick blender to froth up.
Pour into a cup and ENJOY the deliciousness.