Sophia's Choc Banana Bread Will Wow Your Friends
By Sophia Hatzis | Digital Content Producer at Wild Women On Top
I love to bake for my besties. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside when the people I love enjoy my food.
So, when I brought in my banana bread for the team to try at Wild Women HQ, I felt super warm and fuzzy - because they loved it!
This no-fuss recipe couldn't be easier and more delicious. It's the perfect treat to impress your friends and it goes perfectly with a cuppa on a clifftop after a long hike. Plus, it's vegan and can be altered to be gluten-free.
- 4 large ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup plain flour (you can use Gluten Free if you like)
- ¾ cup brown sugar (you can use coconut sugar)
- ½ cup nut butter (I use smooth almond butter but you could use unsalted peanut butter or cashew butter)
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons vanilla essence
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ block of 85% dark chocolate (roughly chopped)
- 1 handful of walnuts (roughly chopped)
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and preheat the oven at 180 degrees celcius.
- Combine mashed bananas, nut butter, brown sugar, vanilla essence, plain flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Mix until batter is combined and flour is fully incorporated.
- Add in roughly chopped chocolate and walnuts. Stir to combine.
- Spoon batter into loaf tin and place in the oven for 45-50 minutes. If a skewer comes out gooey, keep it in for a little longer.
Enjoy with a nice cuppa on a clifftop!