This Show-Stopping Christmas Salad Will Wow Your Guests
By The Wild Women On Top Team
This isn't an everyday salad... it's an epic, show-stopping, jaw-dropping, Christmas salad. It's for people who like TONNES of flavour. We hope you love it.
Garlic Paprika Dukkah
- ¼ cup almonds, pre roasted and chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped finely (don’t crush it)
- ½ tablespoon of paprika
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- Olive oil
- Veggies for roasting (I like pumpkin, eggplant, onion and sweet potato, but you could use anything)
- Steamed broccoli or other green veggies
- Goat’s cheese
- Roasted garlic (if you plan to be doing any kissing under the mistletoe, maybe leave this out)
- Early in the day, chop the veggies in 1cm cubes and roast in the oven with olive oil, salt and paprika. Add a bulb of garlic drizzled in olive oil, if you’re using it. Take them out when they're perfectly caramelised and crispy.
- 1 hour before dinner, start making the dukkah. Put all the nuts and seeds into a dry fry pan and toast until they’re nice and golden brown. In another frypan (I know, but it’s Christmas), add oil, and the garlic, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Once the garlic is golden, turn off both frypans and combine together. Add additional salt and pepper, to taste. (NOTE: this stuff is soooooo delicious you will need to hide it to make sure everyone doesn’t eat it before dinner starts.
- 30 minutes before dinner starts, steam broccoli, wash and chop the spinach, mint and coriander and warm the roasties. Chop avocado into 1cm squares (do this like a mango, then instead of turning it out, use a spoon to scoop it out when ready to assemble).
- Assemble! On a spectacular salad plate (this works better than a bowl), put the green stuff on first, then add the roasted veggies. Crumble goats cheese on top and spoon avocado out. Sprinkle with LOTS of dukkah (it doesn’t keep well, so go crazy). You can add dressing if you want, but all the oil, spices, cheese and garlic will be enough.
- Serve, and toss on the table. Go to salad heaven!
Do you have a delicious recipe to share? Come and tell us over in our Wild Women Community.