Q&A with Nitu Gupta
1. How long have you been a member of Wild Women On Top? What was it that motivated you to join us?
I joined Wild Women On Top in January 2016 because I felt I lost in my life. I work part time with two small kids (1 and 2-year-olds) and everything had become about work and family... somehow I had forgotten to take care of myself. So Wild Women On Top truly has been my sanity saviour, a community that looks after me!
2. Please tell us a bit about yourself (e.g. Are you a mother/career, what you love/dislike, something in your life that made you the person you are today?)
I'm a mum and dentist, both of which I love. There have been a couple of personal tragedies in my life which have really shaped me to become the woman I am today. I have learnt to dig deep and find my inner strength and to develop the resilience I have. Plus, I'm fairly stubborn, which helps!
3. What is your favourite Trek Training memory/story?
My favourite memory was my first Saturday morning Sunburst session with Di Westaway in my intro period. She lined us up into groups and the categories were really fit, medium fitness, just starting out and hungover. It made me laugh and realise I was definitely in the right place!
4. Do you believe you have transformed/changed since joining WWOT? If so, in what way?
Absolutely. I've met wonderful women, had lots of fun, have lost weight, gained strength and fitness, encouraged other friends to come along and get the WWOT high, and absolutely loved my trip with Wild Women On TOP TO Lord Howe Island. I'm a much happier person, mother and wife since joining WWOT!
5. Have you been on a Wild Adventure? If so, what is your favourite memory/story?
I just returned from an amazing week long adventure on Lord Howe Island. One of my friends on the trip Lara wrote a blog all about our adventures - you can read about it here.
6. Who are what do you consider to be your greatest source of inspiration and why?
My mum, first and foremost, she's my role model. She's had a tough life and is a remarkable woman. Then there are so many men and women I meet on a daily basis who teach me things and remind me to be grateful for all I have and that I'm very blessed to live the life I lead.