Natural Exhilaration | 6 keys to endless motivation
By Di Westaway | CEO Wild Women On Top | Author of Natural Exhilaration
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Whether it's finding love, starting a business, applying for your dream job, buying a house or climbing a mountain, an adventurous journey is a motivator which pushes us through obstacles in pursuit of opportunity. It's sometimes hard to start an adventure but it is even harder to do things that hurt - like exercise.
But doing hard stuff with friends in nature makes motivation easier. This is the principle behind using the Adventure Mindset to drive motivation, not just to move more but to achieve anything in life that's challenging.
Back in our cavewoman days, we were motivated to move a lot to find food and escape the tiger. But now 85% of us are too busy, too tired, too full, or too frantic to move and we think exercise is too hard, sweaty, painful, boring, expensive or just plain yuck.
Active Adventure is a great motivator and when you add friends, a plan and nature you get pleasure, power and productivity. This creates passion and endless motivation.
The 6 keys to endless motivation are:
1. Purpose - Adventure is the purpose that drives your motivation to action.
2. People - Friendliness and fear of letting your friends down motivates you to action.
3. Plan - Your plan tells you what to do which motivates you to action.
4. Nature - Nature wraps the whole package in the fun, surprise and thrill which motivates you to action.
5. Pleasure, Power and Productivity - This is what you get when you align your purpose, people and plan which motivations you to action.
6. Passion - Pleasure motivates you to do it all again because you love feeling fit and fabulous.
Want more tips to help you live Natural Exhilaration?