This Muesli Is The Perfect Breakfast For Chilly Winter Mornings
This delicious muesli is perfect for winter mornings when you'd rather get out in nature (or sleep in) than spend lots of time in the kitchen. Make a big batch this weekend and enjoy all week!
All ingredients are optional, so feel free to mix it up or leave something out if you don't have it in the pantry!
- 500g almonds
- 250-300g shredded coconut
- 200g pepitas
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 2 apples finely sliced roughly (can do with a potato peeler)
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tbs honey or agave strup
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Put dry ingredients in a big baking dish.
3. Heat coconut oil and honey/agave in a small pot.
4. Once melted, pour over the dry mixture and stir through.
5. Bake in the oven for about an hour or more, depending on how crunchy you like it. Turn the mixture with a spoon every 15 mins to make sure the top bits don't burn.
6. Switch oven off and let it cool in the oven to dry out a bit more.
Enjoy with milk, yoghurt and delicious berries! (Or just dry as a yummy snack!)