Make This Roast-Veggie Wrap For Your Next Endurance Walk
By the Wild Women On Top Team
When the Coastrek team did a test run of the 30km Virtual Coastrek last year, our Chief Adventure Chick Di offered to bring us some wraps for the day.
Little did we know she was going to make the most delicious, epic, tasty, perfectly sized wraps for an endurance walk. It's almost like she'd done it before!
You've gotta make these for your next Coastrek or endurance walk. They are perfect.
Serves 4 (your Coastrek team!)
- 4 large soft Mission Wraps
- One large eggplant
- One large sweet potato
- One red onion
- One red capsicum
- One jar of Meredith Dairy goats cheese
- 1 avocado
- Baby spinach
The day before your walk:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop the eggplant, sweet potato, red onion and red capsicum into 2cm cubes and roast in one tablespoon of olive oil (Use the oil from the goats cheese jar) till soft and golden (approx 40 minutes).
On walk day:
- Cover each wrap with a smear of hummus, one quarter of smooshed avocado, one smooshed cube of goats cheese, one quarter of the roast veggies and baby spinach.
- Wrap in baking paper and cut into quarters so its easy to nibble a little at a time throughout the day as you walk.