Get A Good Dose of Vitamin C With Di's Delicious Pink Gimlets
By Di Westaway | Chief Adventure Chick and Founder at Wild Women On Top
A delicious, fresh cocktail that's got a good dose of vitamin C? It sounds too good to be true. But these yummy and easy pink gimlets are exactly that.
Whether you're trying to impress a lover, a friend, a colleague, or a family member - these pink gimlets are the ultimate crowd pleaser. It's a less alcoholic take on the classic gimlet, so you'll get extra fruit juice and reduce the hangover.
They're fresh, fancy, fast, and they're a favourite of wild women in the wild!
Ingredients (makes one):
- 30mL gin (1 shot)
- 60mL freshly squeezed grapefruit juice (2 shots, a bit less than half a grapefruit)
- 15mL sugar syrup
- Lime (to garnish)
Method for the fancy way:
- Combine gin, grapefruit juice and sugar syrup into your cocktail shaker (you can change quantities based on your tastes).
- Shake with ice.
- Strain into a chilled glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
Method for the 'Friday night zoom drinks emergency' way:
- Add a teaspoon of sugar and a dash of boiling water to a glass to make your sugar syrup.
- Add ice to the glass.
- Pour gin and grapefruit juice into the glass.
- Stir with a spoon.
Want to connect with Wild Women just like you? Join us in the Wild Women Community!