Gai's Fabulous Friands Are Perfect For Your Weekend Baking
By the Wild Women On Top Team
Many of us are spending much more time inside than we're used to. But these new social distancing laws have brought some silver linings - there's plenty of time to get baking!
This weekend, give Gai's delicious, gluten free raspberry friands a try.
- Melted butter (to grease)
- Rice flour (to dust)
- 150g pure icing sugar (sifted)
- 75g rice flour
- 155g almond meal
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 180g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 100g fresh or frozen raspberries
- Icing sugar (to dust)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Grease a muffin or mini friand pan with butter and dust with rice flour. Recipe makes approx. 30 - 40ml muffins.
- Combine sugar, flour and almond meal in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Mix eggs and cooled butter together. Add to dry ingredients.
- Stir until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into the prepared pans. Place a raspberry on the centre of each.
- Bake for 15-20 mins or until golden. Set aside in the pans for 5 mins to cool slightly before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.