This Elderflower Spritz Will Up Your Clifftop Cocktail Game
By Di Westaway | Chief Adventure Chick at Wild Women On Top
Not all magic moments involve staring out across pink oceans from a spectacular cliff top as dusky peach clouds dance around a full moon.
You can get a similar level of bubble by whipping up a delicious nutritious cocktail as you huddle around the camp stove cooking dinner in the wild.
To celebrate World Cocktail Day, we’re sharing this Elderflower Spritz recipe to add a little extra sizzle to your next hike. This is the perfect drink for the end of a long hike as you set up camp by a bubbling brook.
As a risk management strategy, we recommend consuming no more than one standard drink if you're on a clifftop ;)
Makes 1 cocktail
- One lemon bursting with Vitamin C
- One tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 dessert spoon boiling water
- 30 mL St Germain elderflower liqueur (Elderflower has Vitamin C plus antioxidant, antispetic, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties.)
- 15ml gin
- 120mL prosecco or soda water
- At home, make sugar syrup by dissolving sugar in boiling water. Squeeze lemon and decant both into a wide-mouthed water bottle
- At your location, add sugar syrup, elderflower liqueur and gin to wine glass, top with soda water/prosecco.
- Add ice if you’re near home.
Tips: If you are making this on an overnight hike, we recommend you make your lemon and syrup mixture at camp.