Di's Winter-Warming, Immune-Supporting Roast Sweet Soy and Sesame Ginger Chicken
By The Wild Women On Top Team
Now that winter's getting closer, the weather is starting to turn. There's a biting chill to the air in the mornings and our coziest blankets are making a return.
One of the best bits about winter is the nurtitious comfort food that warms us up from the inside out. Di's immune-supporting, winter-warming roast sweet soy and sesame ginger chicken will become a favourite in your house in no time.
The only down side about this fabulously delicious dish is that if you turn your back, your kids will devour it. Enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 600 grams chicken thigh fillets
- 200 grams shitake mushrooms
- One large nub of ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Kecap Manis
- 2 tablespoons Mirin sweet cooking sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 steamed bok choy
- Cooked soba noodles
- Fresh coriander
- Mix all the ingredients, except olive oil and mushrooms, in a bowl and marinate for 1 – 8 hours.
- Heat oil in baking dish, add mushrooms and chicken, then pour the marinade over.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 25 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Serve with steamed bok choy and soba noodles and sprinkle with chopped coriander.