Di's Pink Gimlets Are The Perfect Sunset Drinks
By Di Westaway | Founder and Chief Adventure Chick at Wild Women On Top
Di's pink gimlet cocktails are perfect for summer sunset drinks in the wild.
They're fresh, fabulous and packed full of Vitamin C thanks to the inclusion of citrus fruit. If you choose a breathtaking clifftop lookout for these drinks, make sure you stop at one or have them naked (as in, without gin)!
- Pink grapefruit/ blood oranges/oranges/limes/lemons
- Raw caster sugar
- Citrus gin
Method (before leaving home)
- Before leaving home, make a sugar syrup with 2-3 teaspoons (depending on how sour your citrus is) of raw caster sugar and a tablespoon of boiling water per person/drink.
- Squeeze any combo of citrus. My favorite is half a pink grapefruit, half a lime and a blood orange per person/drink.
- Store in a thermos flask to hike into location.
Method (on location in the wild)
- Half fill goblet with ice.
- Add cirtus gin to taste.
- Add fresh squeezed citrus juice.
- Stir and guzzle overlooking your favourite nature vista with gorgeous friends at sunset.