Di's Instant Salad Is The Perfect Office Lunch
By Di Westaway | Chief Adventure Chick at Wild Women On Top
There are a couple of ingredients that turn chopped, raw veggies into a super delicious salad but in the end, it's all about the dressing.
Here's how I make a delicious and nutritious salad quickly, without cooking anything.
- A totally delicious dressing - I like Kewpie Sesame or Luciano Chef White Balsamic, Fig and EVOO. You can buy both at Woolies.
- Goat's cheese or wood smoked salmon (or both!)
- Roast slivered almonds
1. Wash and chop the herbs, and combine with rocket in a bowl.
2. Chop avocado into squares on top, then crumble on goat's cheese and/or salmon
3. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle on almonds. Enjoy!
- Add some brown rice (the microwave sachels are great - although mindful of environmental impact of packaging)
- Add some falafel or lentil balls in lieu of salmon and cheese for a vegan option
- If you’re not in a rush, make your own dressing using white or caramelised balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, fresh squeezed orange, lemon or lime juice and organic honey to taste.
Do you have a delicious recipe to share? Come and tell us over in our Wild Women Community.