Di's Apricot Crumble Is The Ultimate Hiking Dessert
By The Wild Women On Top Team
If there's one thing Wild Women love, it's delicious, nutritious desserts. We love savouring dark chocolate on a long hike, celebrating special occassions with homemade cakes, and sharing our Wild Women choc chip cookies when we settle down for a cuppa on a clifftop.
When you're hiking overnight, you don't need to miss out on a delicious, decadent dessert. Di has perfected this apricot crumble recipe which you can make on the trail on a multi-day hike.
It's easy, it's quick, it has limited ingredients, it's delicious, and it's the ultimate post-dinner treat for an overnight adventure.
- 500gm dried apricots
- 200gm dried milk
- 100gm custard powder
- 50gm apricot schnapps
- 100gm brown sugar
- 100gm chopped roast almonds
- 100gm roast shredded coconut
- Soak dried apricots, schnapps and half the sugar in Nalgene bottle all day.
- Make custard by mixing custard powder with powdered milk, water, and sugar.
- Serve hot and sprinkle almonds and shredded coconut just before serving.
Want to meet women who love hiking and gourmet food just like you? Join us in the Wild Women Community!