Delicious Nutritious | Chocolate Almond Cookies
These cookies are delicious, nutty and nourishing. Perfect with a cuppa in a spectacular adventure location!
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 100g high quality dark chocolate - make your own here!
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Pulse almonds a few times in the food processer until they are chopped but chunky. Add almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Give it another whiz to mix though.
- Add the rest of ingredients except chocolate and process until it becomes a thick, sticky dough mixture.
- Chop chocolate into small chunks and stir through.
- Line a baking tray with cling wrap and scoop mixture out onto the tray. Shape the mixture into a log, about 3cm radius. Wrap in the cling wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes to set.
- Unwrap the log and slice it gently into equal size cylinders, about 1cm thick. Place on a baking paper covered tray and bake in the oven for 11-12 minutes.
Photo from www.iquitsugar.com