Delicious Nutritious | Basic raw homemade chocolate
This reciple is simple and produces outstanding results. A rich, chocolatey flavour with no chemical additives or preservatives. Perfect for baking or nibbles.
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 2-3 tablespoons raw honey
- Melt the cacao butter in a double boiler on low heat (the lower the better, as heat can destroy the nutritinal benefits of cacao + honey). Once melted remove from heat, add the honey and stir. Then add cacao and whisk until completely combined.
- Pour into a large, flat tray (I used an oven dish) covered with baking paper. The goal is to make the chocolate mixture less that 1cm thick. Here you can choose to add anything that takes your fancy - nuts, cacao nibs, berries, bee pollen, buckinis, himalayan sea salt and peanut butter are some of our favourites!
- Put in fridge for 2 hours or until completely solid.
- Break into peices and store in freezer.