Bella's Tangy Roasted Chicken Thighs With Garden Herbs
By Bella Westaway | Brand and Content Specialist at Wild Women On Top
This is my go-to recipe when I’m looking for something quick and easy with loads of flavour. It's the perfect post-hike meal because it's fresh, easy and absolutely delicious.
You can serve the chicken with anything you like – I usually do a big leafy salad with lots of fresh herbs, a veggie loaded rice, or simple steamed greens.
- 1kg chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard (yes, it’s a lot but tastes amazing, promise!)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (approx. one lemon)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 big handful* of oregano, chopped
- 1 big handful* of basil, chopped
*I use whatever herbs I have in the garden really, and as much as my plants can spare. You could use sage, thyme, rosemary etc. but oregano and basil are my faves.
- Preheat oven to approx. 180 degrees celsius.
- Put all ingredients into a bowl and leave to marinate for as long as you’ve got. I do it for about 15 mins while I prep my side salad.
- Put chicken thighs onto your oven tray and bake for approx. 20 mins, turning over halfway. Rest for 5 minutes and serve.
Note: If your chicken thighs are quite big, they will need a bit longer in the oven. Check them before you serve.