Ann's Crunchy Bliss Balls Are Delicious And Nutritious
Recipe by Ann Jenkins
If there's one thing Wild Women love, it's delicious, nutritious treats that're super easy to make. When you're out on the trail - and you need a hit of something sweet - these bliss balls are the perfect snack solution.
This recipe comes from long-time Wild Woman Ann Jenkins and she's given us permission to share it with you. These healthy bliss balls don't skimp on flavour and they're full of all the good stuff.
- 185g of nuts and seeds (I use almonds, walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and pine nuts - but you can use whatever you have)
- 180g medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons of carob tips
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Chia seeds, for rolling
- Roast your nuts and seeds in an oven at 160 degrees celsius for 5 minutes.
- Pop all ingredients into a blender and quickly whizz.
- When it’s a sticky consistency, use damp hands to roll the mixture into whatever sized balls you like, then roll them in chia seeds until they are nicely coated.
- Pop your balls into an airtight container and store them in the fridge or freezer (they will keep for ages)