61 Things We're Grateful For This Week
By The Wild Women On Top Team
It’s been a huge few weeks here at Wild Women HQ.
We’ve faced some of the biggest challenges we’ve ever faced as a business, and we know we aren’t alone. Fear and panic are everywhere.
It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions, and there’s been plenty of tears, frustration and sleepless nights.
But we know that what you focus on grows. So we are making a huge effort to practice what we preach and focus on the good – and there’s still a lot of good to be found.
We asked our team to tell us things they are grateful for, and together we’ve come up with a list that has helped us through some of the most challenging days.
We hope it can help you, too.
Things we are grateful for this week:
- Work we can do safely at home
- Homemade food
- Online yoga
- All the healthcare workers
- All the beautiful people on the internet who keep reminding us of the silver linings
- Being able to pay the mortgage/rent
- Being able to afford great food
- Time to make gourmet breakfasts!
- The memory of many, many hugs
- Being able to write
- Dancing to ABBA songs
- Less traffic
- More time to cook
- Seeing kids play on their bikes
- Early morning runs
- Time to recharge and think
- Time to rediscover creativity
- The ocean
- Seeing families out on walks
- Bears in windows
- Time to call family and friends overseas and have meaningful conversations
- Virtual house parties
- Seeing the return of a lot of wildlife to nature reserves and beaches! One of our team saw two pelicans in Manly the other night. It was magic!
- Messages of love and support from our community
- Toilet paper
- The garden
- Friends checking in
- The surprising resilience of children (who knew!)
- The support of work colleagues
- Doggos and sometimes cats
- A warm toilet seat
- Roomates who make iso so fun!
- Board and card games
- Watching everyone adapting to change
- Walkie talkies with family and friends
- Being able to eat as much garlic as you want
- Food deliveries from loved ones while in isolation
- Cuddles with cats!
- Walks together as a family
- Loungeroom dance parties
- Working internet to power video chat
- SMS from friends checking in on each other
- Frontline health and public service workers
- Teachers - OMG by the end of this I hope as a society we have a newfound respect for them!
We’d love to hear what you are grateful for, so we will be starting a gratefulness thread in our Wild Women Community. Come and join us for a giggle and a healthy dose of optimism.