Do you often get to the end of the weekend and think, "whew - what a week, I am exhausted and I can't even remember what I did!"? Well, it's time to take charge of your week and build in some time out. Only you can do this! Your mental, emotional and physical wellbeing is directly affected by the quality and quantity of TIME OUT that you give yourself each week. This time should involve doing something you love, in the great outdoors, away from the computer, phone and diary.
To really feel good, you can't just focus on one aspect of wellness, such as nutrition, or sleep, exercise or mental stimulation. You need to bring all of those things in to balance in your life. It's not easy by any means, but it is truly the key to a long and healthy life, and to being present in each moment, being grateful for every day and knowing you have the inner strength to take on goals you never thought possible before.
Here are some simple steps to follow this week:
1. Sit down with your diary (or iphone or blackberry!) and book in some YOU time - this should involve an outdoor expereince in which you are physically, emotionally and mentally engaged in an activity in nature.
2. Make a shopping list and leave off all the packaged, processed and sugary items you had thought you might need. Replace these with only whole foods and fresh produce. Order you food online and avoid the shopping queues...
3. Pack healthy snacks in your handbag with a bottle of water, each time you leave the house.
4. Write down a fitness/wellbeing goal you want to achieve this month - then break it down and make it happen.
5. Sleep more - go to bed, forego the tv program you were going to watch and read a good book or stretch!
I look forward to sharing this Sunday with all the Wild Women On Top who have taken on the Blue Gum Challenge. Enjoy Trek Training this week!
PS: If you want more info on how time out in natural environments benefits your health, check out http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forest-bathing/